Thanks for the reply.
1) It only happens when clicking around the GUI. It doesn't seem to be related to any particular activity like loading or running. If anything, I notice it happening most when clicking out of a operator's settings dialog.
2) I do use a database connection to a PostgreSQL 9.3 database.
3) I launch it by opening the RapidMiner.jar.
4) Don't know. Because the license reverted to Starter, I have to open RM using the .app (otherwise I get a memory setting error), but now my database connections don't work, so I'm no longer comparing apples to apples. I will, however, click around the process to see if it hangs.
5) There is no rm.log in that folder. rapidminer-studio.log doesn't say much of anything but initialization echoes. I'll look at it again when RM next hangs.
6) java version "1.7.0_45"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_45-b18)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.45-b08, mixed mode)
I had to install JDK 1.7 in order to get RM6 to launch via .app, though it would launch via .jar if only JRE 1.7 were installed.
Please let me know if there are any other questions I can answer for you.
I don't remember seeing such symptoms before, so can you please answer the following questions for us so we can try to locate the cause:
1) Does the issue happen after you've started working with your data, or does it also appear when starting RapidMiner (not loading your process) and only clicking around in the GUI?
2) If the answer to question 1) is that it only starts after opening your process: Do you use a database connection inside the process, and if so, to what database?
3) How do you launch RapidMiner Studio 6?
4) What values does the performance monitor show during these slowdowns? You can enable it by selecting "View" -> "Show View" -> "System Monitor" in the menu bar.
5) What does the log file (USER_HOME/.RapidMiner/rm.log) say?
6) Which exact Java version are you using? (type java -version into your terminal)
On a side note, the last RM 5 versions also need Java 7 to work correctly.