Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Applying Association Rule after generating Association Rule  (Read 758 times)
usct01

« on: April 22, 2013, 04:30:02 PM »

Hi team
Please help me in using process "Applying Association Rules" to a dataset.
I have a data with CustomerID, ProductName, Revenue
I created a set of association rule based on the above metrics (revenue used as weight)
Now I want to create a data set which has one more column(s) showing Recommended product based on association rules created above.

I tried using process"Applying Association Rules", but it asks for some binary variable, actually it says revenue should be binary!!!

Please help and suggest solution to this

Thanks
Deepak
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:31:43 PM by Marius » Logged
Marius
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:36:31 AM »

Hi Deepak,

most probably you have applied FP-Growth before Create Association Rules. You should pass the same data set you passed into FP-Growth into Create Association Rules.
If my assumption is not true, please provide your processes and a detailed description of your data.

Best regards,
Marius

Please add [SOLVED] to the topic title when your problem has been solved! (do so by editing the first post in the thread and modifying the title)
Please click here before posting.
usct01

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 07:51:20 AM »

Hi Marius,
Thanks for the reply, It's working now Smiley

Now I am struggling to interpret the results of the output after applying Association rules, the results are as below
List of ID's and columns representing existing product names with values as true/ false (if product is subscribed/not subscribed)
and few new columns as "Confidence(prod1)", "Confidence(prod2)" etc. having values 1/0.
I assume that these column may be recommended products, but a close inspection shows some products in recommended list are already subscribed

Any thoughts on this
Regards
Deepak
usct01

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »

Hi All
Please help me on this, I am stuck!!

Thanks
Deepak
Marius
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 10:22:49 AM »

I assume that these column may be recommended products, but a close inspection shows some products in recommended list are already subscribed

Indeed the 0/1 indicates recommendations. In fact some of the products can already be subscribed. The reasoning is the following. Suppose the following rule:
[A,C] => B

And the user has the products [A, B, C]. Then the rule matches, and B is suggested.
I will add an internal feature request to check for these duplicates, though.

Best regards,
Marius

Please add [SOLVED] to the topic title when your problem has been solved! (do so by editing the first post in the thread and modifying the title)
Please click here before posting.
usct01

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 03:05:21 PM »

Ohhkk... Thanks Marius!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:08:51 PM by usct01 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: