Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DataBase connection drivers not working in x64 version of RapidMiner  (Read 734 times)
JayCarr

« on: March 11, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »

So, I downloaded the 64bit version of Rapid Miner recently.  I completely uninstalled the 32bit version before installing it (or so I think, I ran it through it's uninstaller at any rate.) 

Now when I try and use Read Database I'm told that the system cannot find the JDBC:ODBC driver?  When I click on Advanced Options this is what I get: The ODBC Bridge (e.g. Access) driver could not be found.  No advanced options available.

All the other drivers seem to working fine when I click that same advanced button.  Any ideas what is going on?
Marco Boeck
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 10:52:58 AM »

Hi,

you need a 64-bit Access version when using RapidMiner 64-bit and vice-versa.

Regards,
Marco

JayCarr

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 04:35:07 PM »

Sadly, I'm not using it to access Access.  In fact, I'm using it to access an as400 iSeries from IBM.  It's just how things work around here right now, yeah I know that's not optimal...

I have a co-worker who is using 64bit Access to access this same connection, so I'm pretty sure the connection to the iSeries is 64bit.  But for some reason (that I still can't figure out), it won't connect for me.  (I've been getting by on a 32bit connection, but that option is starting to fail me.)

Any thoughts at all on how to attack this problem?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: