I just want to announce that a new release of RapidMiner was published: RapidMiner 4.1.
This release is a major bugfix and feature release. In particular, two errors which caused unusual high memory consumptions for some data mining processes were fixed and several new features were added, including
- new 64 bit version for Windows x64 systems
- improved and more comprehensive documentation of all operators inside the programm
- two different icon sets and look and feels
- new and improved plotting facilities including different shapes for plotter points
- the most important preprocessing operators can now produce both views and materialized data
- several new preprocessing models were added
- improved wizards for data loading and new wizards for parameter optimizations / iterations
- performance of several learning schemes improved
In total, about 80 bugs were fixed compared to version 4.0 and it is therefore highly recommended to change to version 4.1 instead. In addition, the new features together with a lot of new data mining and analysis operators give you another reasons to try the new version.
The new version and all RapidMiner plugins are available at http://rapid-i.com
Please post comments and requests in this thread.